What is Kahoot?
It’s a learning platform with a game-based component. Students use a smartphone, tablet, or computer to answer questions that are created by the creators and displayed on the screen. This platform also allows teachers to make surveys and polls. With an ease zone, kids can play it in real-time.
Kahoot has a lot of different features to offer. The following are a few of them:
Features of the creator
- Quizzes can be made in a matter of minutes.
- There are numerous templates to choose from. You have a lot of options to choose from.
- Importing questions is a feature.
- Explore and select from 500 million questions in the question bank.
- Multiple Kahoots can be mixed together.
- The iOS app now has the ability to insert graphics.
- You may also include YouTube videos in your queries.
- Teachers using Kahoot can combine many questions into a single form, such as quizzes, polls, riddles, and slides.
- Selecting high-quality photographs from the library is an option.
- Video games are used to make learning more engaging and interesting.
- Make games that are appropriate for the pupils’ abilities. They can play at home or in the classroom with ease.
- Students can play in groups or independently.
- Multiple choice questions can also be added to quizzes by quiz creators.
- True/false questions capture people’s attention.
- Depending on the severity of the questions, users can keep time flexibility in mind.
- Polls are a great way for quiz makers to get feedback.
- Puzzles can be used to assess pupils’ grasp of what they’re learning.
- Slides can be used to develop and present more content.
If you are looking for Why Kahoot Is Bad, simply check out the link below:
So Why Is Kahoot Bad – DaHaxGamer45332 Well DaHaxGamer45332 Kahoot Can be a super Missused Website. I Went To School The Other Day And We Did Kahoot Before Our Test I SHOWED MY TEACHER That I Pressed The Right Answer (Its Was Yellow) And She Knew It Was The Right Answer And Guess What…
Why use Kahoot? As we all know, quizzes are one of the most used learning and formative assessment tools in classrooms. Kahoot maintains the same function of multiple-choice quizzes while with its gaming nature, it removes the adverse effects of traditional quizzes such as learning pressures, test anxieties, and delayed feedback to name a few.
Kahoot is great at measuring breadth, not depth of knowledge. If we want meaningful learning, we’ll need to cover content in a way where trivial knowledge isn’t what’s being assessed.
Kahoot! is not terrible, just new and lacking a lot of features. It looks nice, works OK but it is not a tool that I would use a lot in my classroom or at all at this stage. The fact that it requires a screen is a major limiting factor. Not all classrooms have such display tools. The fact that it works on any device as long as it has Internet …
Cons of using “Kahoot!” in classrooms. “Kahoot!” is a trivia style platform utilized most commonly by teachers for students to create games to quiz course-based knowledge, and to compete with one another. is mainly used to prepare for tests, to obtain extra credit and to maximize review time. Over the last year, “” has …
The rejected articles with a negative bias on Kahoot! included a study at a K-5 School, where they used Kahoot! and Quizizz with so many technical problems and difficulties that the results were invalid (Cadieux Bolden, Hurt, & Richardson, 2017), a presentation (not a study) of a prototype strongly inspired by ! using iBeacon to address …
Kahoot made it very hard to cancel a subscription and I’ve been charged three years the $240 fee. Submitting requests to refund have been met with silence. This is a terrible experience. They seem to have added the capability to cancel a subscription sometime in 2021 – …
QUIZIZZ! It is essentially Kahoot but students go at their own pace. I put up the leaderboard so the kids can watch their position change as they answer questions wrong/right. It’s still competitive and the kids enjoy it. I hate , kids just try to answer quickly without even …
Honestly kahoot sucks. Ok so this just happened so I’m probably exaggerating but the amount of anger I’m feeling is too much to not put somewhere. Ok so I’m in first place basically the entire game, basically 1v1ing one of my friends. We’re trash talking eachother, joking around, the usual. 2 questions left, I’m about to win, and then …
Questions and Answers about Kahoot
1. What does it help with?
Kahoot! What a fantastic learning tool that encourages children to learn by engaging them in interactive activities. It improves student participation. It is a user-friendly tool that is also compatible with mobile and tablet devices. It has a simple interface that allows teachers and students to quickly build games and quizzes.
2. What grade and age range are you working with?
It is suitable for students in grades K-12, with an age range of 5 to 18 years.
3. To what standards is it mapped, if any?
It focuses entirely on the HOW aspect of learning rather than the WHAT aspect of learning. This platform’s content is generated in accordance with the pedagogy and curriculum you teach. It adheres to strict guidelines when it comes to the content it provides. Users can build or play games based on the criteria it has established.
4. What is your pricing strategy?
Kahoot’s basic version is free. You will undoubtedly have to pay a certain amount of money if you choose a premium one with more advanced features.
5. Are there any other services nearby?
There aren’t any other services that revolve around it. It is a self-contained platform for creating, designing, exploring, and playing games.
6. What distinguishes Kahoot from the competition?
It’s a one-of-a-kind platform since it promotes active and engaging learning. It facilitates debates and encourages collaboration and motivation around educational content. It provides learners with real-time experiences through visual backgrounds, music, game mechanics, and virtual moments, allowing them to discover or explore their hidden intrinsic talents and potential.